Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit build [was: MXE : request liblqr / len

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] 64-bit build [was: MXE : request liblqr / lensfun -, Status 64 bit ?]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:08:44 -0600

On 2/11/2013 5:00 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:

On 12/02/2013, at 6:54 AM, René Berber <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 , Tony Theodore wrote:

By default it will build i686-pc-mingw32 (32 bit mingw.org
<http://mingw.org> as per
current mxe). To do a 64 bit build, type:

make MXE_TARGETS=x86_64-w64-mingw32

you can also set this in settings.mk and optionally build multiple
targets.

There is no MXE_TARGETS variable in Makefile.  Using that you end up
with 32-bit results, nothing is built for 64-bit.

I'm referring to the multi-rebase branch,

I know. That was in the message I quoted... and I cloned the repository also quoted in that message, the Makefile doesn't have MXE_TARGETS (in branch master).

there's a fuller description here:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/39#issuecomment-11911176

Perhaps you meant TARGET.

But I see a big problem, with TARGET defined correctly gcc can't be
built, the error message says "there is no support for DWARF2 exception
handling with a 64-bit Windows target".  Perhaps you have uncommitted
changes (enabling sjlj exception handling).

sjlj exceptions are enabled for the mingw-w64 toolchain:

Not in the repository I cloned. Just to be precise, I used this command, which shows the repository you mentioned:

git clone -b master git://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe.git

or you meant a different branch? instead of "multi-rebase" is it "multi-target"?

https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe/blob/multi-rebase/src/gcc.mk#L115

I'll update the comment as neither of these are mentioned.

Thanks for the reply.
--
René Berber