Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package python: compiles on multi-target

From: Alois Schlögl
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package python: compiles on multi-target
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:51:29 +0100

On 02/09/2013 06:30 AM, Václav Šmilauer wrote:

>> I've managed to cross-compile python 3.3.0 [1]. After some hazzles, also
>> the need for wine is gone.
> I see you managed to compile numpy and matplotlib, congrats! What other
> packages do you plan to add?

Currently, numpy.mk and matplotlib.mk manage only the download of sources.
I've no idea when these are going to be finished. Any help is appreciated.
Once, these are working, I do not intend to do more python stuff.

> I will try to have a look if either of PyQt/PySide would be viable, then
> I also need psutil, PIL.
>
> And boost::python. How to handle that one? When enabled in MXE/boost, it
> would mean everybody building boost would have to build python first :|
> I will have a look if it can be compiled separately from other boost libs.

It seems the common theme here is, how to manage the python bindings for
various libraries.
It's already an issue with libbbiosig and wxPython.

Cheers,
   Alois