Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Making gstreamer requires glib and glib is un

From: Alan Leurck
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Making gstreamer requires glib and glib is unable to find libffi
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 15:17:51 -0500

Thanks Tony.
I added this and it compiled correctly.
Thanks again.

Al

On 12/10/2012 5:35 AM, Tony Theodore wrote:
On 10/12/2012, at 12:08 PM, Alan Leurck <address@hidden> wrote:

I've run into an issue when trying to create the gsteamer 1.0.3 suite of programs
using the latest(master) from the git repository I downloaded this afternoon.
GStreamer requires glib and when trying to make glib, the libffi library is not
found.  However, the library was created and is of the correct version (> 3.0).

I have found the following in the glib associated log directory.

        checking for LIBFFI... no
        configure: error: Package requirements (libffi >= 3.0.0) were not met:

        No package 'libffi' found

The libffi.a  library exists in my ~/mxe.git/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib as well as
the libffi-3.0.11 directory with the header .h files.
Attached is the log file for the glib configure.

It would appear that the configure process is unable to locate this new library.
Any suggestions on how to resolve would be useful.
Thank you.
Al
Hi Al,

Since we build a native glib (on some systems), a native install of libffi is
required. This has been added to the docs in master, but not in stable (the
version at mxe.cc):

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/a8e3b5ffd525a51852897e758b425f4d2d167d17

Check the package name for you system (something like libffi, libffi0dev, or
libffi-devel) and install it.