Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw in a production environment

From: Václav Šmilauer
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw in a production environment
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:16:25 +0200

To fix 2) I can't see any other way than to take control of the problem and maintain a server and mirrors where we collect sources. Ultimately any linux platform has to do this for their own packages and I don't consider mxe being that much different from a full distro as it grows. I suspect the best plan would be to contact universities who host various open source repositories and see if they would be willing to host mirrors for mxe as well.
I was thinking once that MXE could use Debian (or any other distro) source packages; in Debian, they always include upstream orig.tar.gz, plus debian-specific patches; the infrastructure is already there and works very well. The minus point would be that there would be no good contol of "release", though perhaps using Debian's own releases would be just as good.