Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal for libgda and libgdamm

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal for libgda and libgdamm
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 23:37:38 +1000

On 12/06/2011, at 4:30 PM, Ryan Laboucane wrote:

> I would like to propose the addition of libgda and libgdamm to
> mingw-cross-env.
>
> I am not familiar with using these libraries directly in code: they are only
> dependencies for another program that I am attempting to port to Windows.
> Unfortunately, this means I have not included test programs with either.
>
> I was not not so sure about the update section in the .mk files, and couldn't
> seem to test them since 'make update' stopped after trying to get a version
> number for gd.
>
> Lastly, some known issues:
>
> LibGDA's included support for Access databases (aka MDB) is not correctly
> detected by the configure script, so I have included a makefile to build and
> compile mdbtools-0.6pre1, as well as a patch that should fix some issues
> related to the headers in mdbtools. Those requiring mdb support should add
> 'mdbtools' to dependencies in libgda.mk.

Thanks Ryan, they've finally been included:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/380392bcd5ca6c14432ad0bbd056d6faaccbfbd5

along with some minor fixes:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/6a17de0c04536cda3e70af30ce17da7940679a29

I couldn't get the update macros to work for libgda* (beta versions 4.99 are
tricky) and left them as a todo.