Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:53:52 +0100

Moritz Bunkus schrieb:
> my application doesn't link to libssh2 directly but to libcurl. I
> don't know enough about static libraries to know whether or not my
> application would receive the correct CFLAGS through such an
> indirection. Remember -- each compilation unit including libssh2.h
> MUST define LIBSSH2_API, even if it's just through including e.g.
> curl.h or whatever. Therefore curl's pkgconfig --cflags would have to
> list that flag as well.

Pkg-config is designed to solve exactly that kind of problems.
Curl's pkg-config script just has to mention libssh2 as one
of its dependencies, and all flags (cflags, etc.) will be merged.

It would be great if you could check if that works for you.
If there's anything wrong, we'll simply have to fix curl.

> I perfectly understand the wish to push as many changes upstream as
> possible, I just have my doubts whether this will actually work.

I'm quite certain that this will work. It would be great
if you could find some time to give it a try. :-)

Greets,