Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package proposal: cmake

From: Martin Müllenhaupt
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package proposal: cmake
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:26:52 +0100

Hi list,

Now I wrote a cmake package and patched some of the cmake find_package
modules:
https://bitbucket.org/muellni/mingw-cross-env-cmake/changeset/474d09e12a89

I moved the cmake toolchain file from gcc.mk into that package. It
installs into the usr/ directory.
Unfortunately the cmake binaries can't just be renamed, so it installs a
usr/bin/cmake, ctest, ccmake and cpack executable.
I placed a wrapper script at usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-cmake which uses
the toolchain file and is invoked by $(CMAKE) from within the makefiles.
Among the changes of the find_package modules is also a script from this
list
(https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2010-11/msg00069.html),
which I added to the ${QT_USE_FILE}. Now ${QT_LIBRARIES} contains all
needed libraries for static linking.

Then I patched the cmake based packages to use the new $(CMAKE) command:
https://bitbucket.org/muellni/mingw-cross-env-cmake/changeset/f523181e2974

At last I wrote cmake config files for the packages ffmpeg, openssl,
libxml2 and libmng which use our pkg_config:
https://bitbucket.org/muellni/mingw-cross-env-cmake/changeset/e8c480a6b98f

What do you think? Would you accept this new cmake approach for
mingw-cross-env?
I know there doesn't seem to be many cmake users on this list, but these
changes greatly simplify the use of mingw-cross-env from within cmake.
All you need to do now is to call the usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-cmake for
your cmake based project.

Martin Müllenhaupt