Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] new package: libxml++

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] new package: libxml++
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:21:06 -0600

On 20 Nov 2011 21:04:41, Matthias Gehre wrote:

> Okey, here you go. I also attached llvm as a bonus.

Any comments about the details?

- Why version 2.8, and not 2.9?
- Why disable updates?
- What version of gcc was used to build, test?  The front-end version?
- What about any results?  Its claimed that it compiles faster than gcc,
results are also faster, etc. but the only reason I'm interested is
because Apple adopted it for the Mac OSX, and they usually do their
research.

Also, perhaps it should have a warning, the usual warning about mixing
libraries made with different compiler versions.  I spent lots of time
chasing very unusual bugs when I started using gcc 2.6.0, went from bad
to worse with 2.6.1 (any optimization resulted in unusable code), which
seems to have disappeared now that I rebuilt everything with 2.6.2 (also
when I went back to 2.5.3).
--
René Berber