Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:30:52 +1100

On 21 October 2011 06:43, Paul Crown <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, I applied those patches and tested with dependencies.  While all
> works, I noticed that the dependencies that I am using are from the
> development version of Mingw-cross-env, and not the last stable. Which I
> guess is alright if libssh2 is not included until next stable release.
>
> Works with dependancies:
>
> gcc     4.6.1
> openssl 1.0.0e
> zlib    1.2.5
>
> Also, I am afraid I haven't learned the vocabulary of "submit the patch
> upstream".  Can you point me to what steps are required?

Ideally, we notify each project of any changes that are required to
cross build their packages. In some cases, our changes are really
mingw-cross-env specific and wouldn't be appropriate to include,
however the casing change to libssh2 would apply to any cross-building
environment.

Send an email to the libssh2 mailing list, explaining what you are
trying to do (cross-build), and the changes you made to get it
working, along with the libssh2-1-lowercase-only.patch. They may
prefer a bug-tracker report, but you'll have to check on their website
to see.