Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:55:40 +0200

On 10/19/2011 12:49 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:
On 15 October 2011 11:19, Mark Brand<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hi,

I just pushed [1] an update to Qt 4.8.0-rc1. I hope this will give
interested mingw-cross-env users a chance to try it out so potential
problems can be discovered before the final release of Qt 4.8.0.
HI Mark,

The workaround for native building on OSX (Patch 7/10) is no longer
required for OSX 10.6. I think we have different versions of the patch
tool, so the diff is missing some summary output [1].

I was hoping the new release would also solve some problems with OSX
10.7. There were previously many "This version of Mac OS X is
unsupported" warnings, ultimately failing very early in the
cross-compile stage. The warnings are gone, but the build still fails
due to some invalid PCH files (log attached). I haven't had any luck
debugging this so far, any thoughts?

Hi Tony,

When I have run into invalid PCH files it's often been because the compiler that made the files didn't match the compiler being used. This happens when gcc is updated in my distro for example. The solution is to rebuild everything. I speculate that gcc's for different architecture's are getting mixed up in your case.

Mark