Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] vigra and openexr zlib calls

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] vigra and openexr zlib calls
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:01:16 +0200

On 22/09/11 10:35, Mark Brand wrote:
> On 09/22/2011 10:01 AM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>> Mark Brand schrieb:
>>> After some poking around, I decided that the problem was caused by
>>> ZLIB_WINAPI being defined in openexr source files. Via zconf.h, this
>>> causes the symbols to be decorated with the '@16', apparently
>>> following the stdcall calling convention. Removing the ZLIB_WINAPI
>>> seems to solve the problem[1].
>>> [...]
>>> It seems strange that this has not come up earlier, since anybody
>>> linking to openexr would have had this problem.
>> Indeed.
>>
>> Is there anyone on this list currently using OpenEXR?
>
> Or a library that depends on openexr, i.e. one of:
>
> devil
> imagemagick
> openscenegraph

I do, for GTA <http://gta.nongnu.org>. It can use both OpenEXR and
ImageMagick.

I just did a quick test building gtatool with Mingw-cross-env from
2011-08-08 (using only OpenEXR but not ImageMagick), and it works. I
only get the following warning message:

  CXXLD  gta.exe
Warning: resolving address@hidden by linking to _compress
Use --enable-stdcall-fixup to disable these warnings
Use --disable-stdcall-fixup to disable these fixups
Warning: resolving address@hidden by linking to _uncompress

I'm not sure why this automatic fixup does not work in other packages.

Martin