Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] NSIS build fails under Debian/Testing (Wheezy

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] NSIS build fails under Debian/Testing (Wheezy)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 13:53:01 +0200

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> On 3 September 2011 10:30, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I just checked mingw-cross-env under Debian/Testing (Wheezy)
> > on an amd64 platform. I fixed a build issue with gdb [1],
>
> Thanks, I was trying to determine if this was a new hidden dependency
> or not, and couldn't figure out how to configure around it.

No, it was something else. When "make install" is called
from the gdb/ subdirectory, somehow the "./missing" script
is not called, so it tries to execute "makeinfo" directy,
which fails if makeinfo is not installed. So I called the
main Makefile instead, which is a cleaner approach anyway,
and "./missing makeinfo" is called instead, which just
outputs a warnings and doesn't cause "make install" to fail.

> > but I wasn't able to fix NSIS. It worked fine under
> > Debian/Stable (Squeeze).
> > [...]
>
> Looks like a change in the gcc-multilib package, apparently
> reinstalling it will help:

Thanks for noticing! Indeed, reinstalling that package
fixed this issue for me.

Thanks,