Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.21

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.21
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 13:10:07 +1000

On 25 May 2011 10:44, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18 May 2011 22:42, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Dear mingw-cross-env team,
>>
>> The next release is overdue. So please check whether there are
>> any open issues with our current development version. In particular,
>> please verify that the current development version works flawlessly
>> on all your systems (make clean; make).
>>
>> Here's the usual handy template for your reports:

>> Revision:       1832:1c6d25fa6195
>> System:         ...
>> NSIS excluded?  no/yes
>> Success?        no/yes
>> Log file:       -
>
> Hello again after a long time.
>
> There were a couple of issues with OSX, the first a portability fix
> and test program:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e9eebacebbb9
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/801c362de3d5
>
> I've sent the patch upstream and it's awaiting moderation on the mailing list.
>
> Second is a problem with the new version of Xcode:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/441e71d16e54
>
> If you upgrade from version 3.2x without installing the Unix
> Development tools, everything should work fine, but a clean install of
> the new version won't work. I didn't have time to resolve this (though
> the issues have been there since the beta version) so the simplest
> solution is to continue with the previous version.

One other issue I noticed is that the freetds download from bitbucket
redirects to a https download. On some systems (FreeBSD, OSX), wget
fails to validate the certificate and needs a --no-check-certificate
option or needs to be configured to look for the system certificate
store.

Should we move this to a http only location, prepend the
"--no-check-certificate" to the url, or add notes to the docs about
configuring wget?