Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:29:29 +1100

Hi Volker,

On 13 March 2011 23:02, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> Tony Theodore schrieb:
>> Okay, I added it to the patch file and it works on Debian Lenny and
>> OSX. Is it worth checking in? It only seems to affect older versions
>> of cmake.
>
> If I understand you correctly, this isn't worth checking in.
>
> It doesn't have to work on Debian/Lenny as long as it works
> on Debian/Squeeze.

It works on Debian/Squeeze, and the (now official) Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
- in case you thought GNU/Linux was hard to say ;)

> Regarding OSX, will an upgrade of the macports would help
> here, wouldn't it? So we don't need the patch here, either.

OSX was already working, I only mentioned it to say that it didn't
have a negative impact on later cmake versions. AFAIK, Lenny was the
only system this failed on, so we don't have to worry about it.

> Since for the MacPorts it is especially important to update
> the package list regularily, I added the corresponding commands
> to the docs:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/b06b8b782437
>
> Please check whether those are correct and whether these
> three commands could be simplified.

Those commands are what I'd normally run to update a macports system,
but it breaks frequently (maybe by trying to stay current?), so I tend
to either not update or just reinstall it.

The only simplification I can see is that autoconf could be removed
since it's required by automake, but it's an explicit dependency
itself - so it should be kept.

> In addition, we have to mention the minimum required version
> of CMake in the docs. Version 2.6.0 as of Debian/Lenny is
> obviously too old. Version 2.8.2 as of Debian/Squeeze seems
> to be recent enough. So I noted that version:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/f08eaa04a42a
>
> Please correct this number if you know an older version
> of CMake that already works.

Small change, 2.8.0 works with Ubuntu 10.04:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/0775ad41b993