Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Failed to compile qt in ubuntu Maverik Meerka

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Failed to compile qt in ubuntu Maverik Meerkat/ubuntu-10.10
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:47:29 +1100

On 24 February 2011 21:50, chandan bora <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 22 February 2011 10:48, chandan wrote:
>
> >>I am using Development Version of mingw-cross-env (last updated on >>21 Feb
> >>2011) on Maverik Meerkat/ubuntu-10.10 (last updated on 21 Feb >>2011).
>
> >>I verified that the following components are installed and up to >>date in
> >>my system
> >>sudo apt-get install autoconf automake bash bison bzip2 cmake flex >>g++
> >>intltool make sed libtool openssl libssl-dev libxml-parser-perl >>patch
> >>perl pkg-config scons unzip wget xz-utils yasm
>
> >>My problem is that all packages compile beautifully except qt. I am
>
> >>On 22 Feb 2011 14:06, Tony wrote:
>
> >>The log file seems to be truncated somehow, there's no error at the
> >>end. Can you send it again, maybe try compressing it first.
>

> Thank you Tony for your kind response.
>
> Yes the log file is truncated. Because the compilation never completes. I
> have to close the window manually.
> Error messages start from line 215 of the log file
> e.g.db2.cpp:42:20: fatal error: sqlcli.h: No such file or directory
> I am sending the compressed log file.

HI Chandan,

Those aren't exactly errors, they're just part of the auto-detection.
In the above case, the db2 drivers aren't present, so db2 support
won't be built.

When you say compilation never completes, what do you mean? Can you
see processes still running, or does it look like there's nothing
happening? Qt can take a long time to build. Try letting it run and
watch the log file (tail -f log/qt) to make sure it has actually
stopped. If there was some sort of compiler related hang, it would
usually have happened long before you build Qt.

It may be gmail, but the log file isn't attached.