Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:58:04 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> One minor issue that may not be an issue - building in a directory
> with spaces fails. I'm not sure if it ever worked, but I assumed
> quoting all file paths was to accommodate this.

Clean quoting is almost impossible with Make, especially when
using lots of macro stuff.

Nevertheless, I tried to provide almost-clean quoting whenever
possible, where "almost-clean" means: clean quoting of everything
except apostrophes ('). This means quoting like '$(1)' in the
build rules.

However, within the main Makefile the macro expansion makes
out script sensible to other characters like spaces and maybe
even commas (,) and colons (:).

Although the main Makefile can be considered "advanced usage
of Make macros", I'm not an expert in Make macros, and everyone
is welcome to help out here.

This is a serious issue, but it is not release critical.

Greets,