Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] info

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] info
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:15:47 +0100

super pollo <address@hidden> schrieb:
> yes thanks ... but maybe my original question was misunderstood ... i
> was not looknig for info for creating packages, but for expressing a
> suggestion for including a new one (to someone who knows how to do
> that)

In that case, asking on the mailing list is the right place.
Just go ahead and ask! :-)

Note, however, that if not even you (i.e. the person who really
needs that package) finds the motivation to invest much time
into creating the package, it is very unlikely that someone
else finds that motivation. But I think it is always worth a
try. Possibly I'm wrong and there's someone out there who'll
create the package for you.

BTW, things are different if you are already able to cross
compile your package "by hand", documented in the style of a
tutorial or shell script. In that case, putting it into a *.mk
file is usually a no-brainer. So if you're just having trouble
with the format of the *.mk package files, you should simply
present your work so far, and others will surely help you
converting your description into a running *.mk file.

Also note that this is not so much a question of knowledge but
a question of time. Even experienced porters spend most of their
time trying different options and waiting for some test builds.
So don't be frustrated if you're getting stuck - that's a normal
thing for everyone of us! In such a case, just ask on the mailing
list, as you are already doing. You are on the right track! To
succeed, you need to combine _your_ time with the knowledge and
experience of _others_.

Greets,