Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: binutils: bfd.h is missing

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: binutils: bfd.h is missing
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 02:13:26 +1100

On 14 October 2010 01:03, Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Or just usr/include - don't forget that this is a native build, not a
>> cross build. Do you have a powerpc64* directory somewhere under your
>> mingw-cross-env?
>
> yes - the above mentioned directories are below mingw-cross-env working
> dir.

Strange, I don't think they should be there.

>> What exactly are you trying to do, and why are the "missing" headers a
>> problem?
>
> i'm trying to get backtraces working on mingw with:
> http://code.google.com/p/backtrace-mingw/

Okay, so you'll have to create a "binutils-win" (or change the current
binutils to something that reflects that it's native or part of the
toolchain - like gcc-gmp). Make sure it has a dependency on gcc and
--host=$(TARGET) --prefix='$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)' configure options
(much like normal cross builds).

Have a look at gdb and it's log. It includes it's own copy of bfd and
should give you an idea of how to configure it for use on a windows
host.