Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [Off Topic] A questio about HG

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [Off Topic] A questio about HG
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:29:07 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 7 October 2010 23:28, DiAppoggio <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Which hg command should I use to revert back to a specific revision?
>
> You can do it a few ways:
>
> Revert a file-
> hg revert -r<revision> <path/to/file>
>
> Revert all files-
> hg revert - r<revision> -a
>
> Revert all files-
> hg update -r<revision>

Note that each of these commands has a different meaning and
can be exactly what you want as well as exactly what you _don't_
want.

Di Appoggio, please be more specific about what exactly you
want to do. Depending on what you mean by "revert back", you
could need an entirely different command such as "hg rollback"
or "hg backout".

> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/

This is a very good introduction and reference. In addition
to that, I'd like to recommend another very good introduction,
which might be especially interesting for people coming from
the CVS/Subversion world:

http://hginit.com/

Greets,