Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What to do if I need shared libraries?

From: DiAppoggio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What to do if I need shared libraries?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:26:49 +0200

Il 04/10/2010 15:40, Volker Grabsch ha scritto:
M. Gerhardy<address@hidden>  schrieb:
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM, DiAppoggio<address@hidden>  wrote:
Actually i'm x-compiling some opensource games that need shared libraries
(static one aren't an option )
Why is that?

Uforadiant for example, the UFO:AI editor :-) .
So, can a user only report a project that use mingw-cross-env or that can be simply compiled with mingw-cross-env?

and I've started to tweak some makefiles; of
course I can't simply "hg pull -u"  to get updates makefiles... is there an
easy solution?
It would be nice if one could switch between static and shared libs.

e.g. the user can add a config.mk (that is optional of course and a
user can just override some vars in it) and define per target (default
is static) (e.g. gtk_STATIC = no) whether it should get build static
or not.

What do you think? Would that be worth the work?
What would be the absolute worst case for our project, because it
would result in a huge number of static/shared combinations and
configurations that would have to be checked.

I think that you're right... my request was only an attempt that requires too much work. I'll try to learn hg to make diff from a modified repository so I can import it back to the official one.

For more information on that topic, please have a look at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2009-09/msg00025.html

In my humble opinion this is another thread that should be included somewhere in the documentation.