Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc

From: Josh Faust
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:12:32 -0700

Yes, I have g++-multilib and all the other requirements installed.  I just did an apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade, so I should have the latest of everything, with the same result.  I'm wondering now if ccache or distcc may be interfering, so I'm trying a build without them.

Turns out something in my environment was causing the problem.  Unsetting LIBRARY_PATH, CPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which only included $HOME/(include/lib)) got gcc building -- now on to everything else.

What are the ramifications of adding those to the environment variables unset by the Makefile?

Josh