Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 64-bit build working

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 64-bit build working
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:22:37 +1000

On 21 September 2010 23:13, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Qt is now building with (what turns out to be) some very small changes
>> - just two sed lines that can be tidied up later.
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/tonyt/mce-w64/changeset/b7df81bff3a7
>
> Sounds promising.

Indeed, I've been trying many things, even native windows builds -
with no success. Most of the "works for me" things I've read are
simply that. It wasn't until I "mingw-cross-env"-ified it that I got
the repeatability, logging, and isolation to identify what amounts to
a missing include. Kudos to Volker and you for getting the structure
and specifics right in the first place.

I just checked the demos in the current i686 version, and they don't
all build cleanly either, so it's pretty close to parity.

>> I couldn't get postgresql to build yet, so it's disabled for the time
>> being.
>
> Did you try that with the just released version 9.0? The release notes say
> that 64-bit Windows is supported now.

Yes, it's version 9.0, but the error is the same - though I haven't
really looked at it. The 64-bit support is probably MSVC, not GCC.