Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gsoap update

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gsoap update
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:16:51 +1000

On 20 September 2010 10:16, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I have checked in an upgrade to gsoap 2.8.0:
>
>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/f5347a6933ec
>
> This requires dealing with an xlocale.h/locale.h issue during the *native*
> stage which I cannot claim to fully understand, but I added a patch to make
> my build work on openSUSE 11.3:
>
>  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.soap.gsoap/1933
>
> Systems probably differ with respect to this, so it would be good if some of
> you could try building gsoap. Your insights are welcome. I'm also hoping for
> some feedback from the gsoap list.

FreeBSD doesn't have an xlocale.h, and ./configure detects this, so
WITH_C_LOCALE doesn't get defined (stdsoap2.h:530):

/* if we have xlocale.h we use it to avoid decimal point conversion issues */
#ifdef HAVE_XLOCALE_H
# ifndef WITH_C_LOCALE
#  define WITH_C_LOCALE
# endif
#endif

stdsoap2.c:8569

#ifdef WITH_C_LOCALE
  soap->c_locale = newlocale(LC_ALL_MASK, "C", NULL);
#else
  soap->c_locale = NULL;
#endif

OSX has an xlocale.h with LC_ALL_MASK defined, so both succeed (see
below) either with or without the second patch.

A separate issue is this:

      # Native build to get tools wsdl2h and soapcpp2
      cd '$(1)' && ./configure \
 -        --enable-openssl
 +        --enable-gnutls

Would mean we have to build a native gnutls. The --enable-openssl is
unrecognised anyway, and just doing a plain ./configure detects
openssl if it's present - tough I'm not sure why it would be necessary
in this case.