Separate build rules (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw64)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Separate build rules (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw64)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:10:13 +1000

On 27 August 2010 22:37, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> We would the check which packages are suitable for that. I guess
> that some packages would even need separate build rules to cross-
> compile for a 64-bit platform.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on how this would be
implemented. Would there be conditional PKG_BUILD rules or something
like pkg.common.mk, pkg.target.mk, pkg-1-patch.target etc. ? I've been
trying to figure out a way of running the multiple scenarios (and
multilib in the future) but can't see how without some ./configure
like steps.

Thanks,