Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Xerces library problem

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Xerces library problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:27:51 +0200

On 13/07/10 16:07, tek wrote:
> I would be glad to help people there (as you help me), but I think GL
> extensions is of very little interest to anyone around here.

Not true :)

> The issues I talk about seems widely covered on the web. I'm
> currently on it and I guess the best I could do is providing a link
> to what I decided to focus:
>
> http://glew.sourceforge.net/

I would recommend that, too. It is very simple to use, and optionally
also works in scenarios with multiple GL contexts, see for example
<http://www.equalizergraphics.com/documents/design/glExtensions.html>.

When using Mingw-cross-env, you need to define GLEW_STATIC before
including GL/glew.h. After that, just call glewInit() when you have your
GL context and optionally check if specific extensions are available
using glewIsSupported(). That's it.

Martin