Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FFTW with --enable-long-double and --enable-f

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FFTW with --enable-long-double and --enable-float
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 04:59:50 +0200

Alexander Kojevnikov <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Please find attached a patch that modifies fftw.mk so that FFTW is
> built for all available precisions [1].

Thanks for your contribution, but I'm somewhat confused about it.

1)  Why do we need to call "make clean"? Won't the next ./configure
    touch exactly the pieces that have to change, such that the
    next "make" rebuilds exactly what needs to be rebuilt and reuses
    everything else?

    In case that doesn't work reliably on libfftw, we can't count on
    "make clean", either. Instead, we should make copies of the source
    tree before the build. Look e.g. at src/glib.mk where we use that
    technique to separat the native (bootstrapping) build from the
    cross build.

2)  Won't the latter "make install" commands overwrite the libraries
    for the former installations. I mean, there's no prefix or suffix
    to the fftw lib. All 3 versions seems to produce (and thus overwrite)
    a "libfftw3.a" and a "libfftw3_threads.a" file.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR