Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] suitesparse support - help request

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] suitesparse support - help request
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:10:55 +1000

On 25 June 2010 08:02, Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to use cholmod which is part of suitesparse within
> mingw-cross-env.
> libsuitesparse seems to depend on metis. The attached files
>   metis.mk
>   suitesparse.m
> are an attempt to include metis/suitesparse  support.
>
> metis defines the function log2 which conflicts with
>    /usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:145
> Therefore, I tried to come up with a patch that removes log2 from metis. See
>  metis-undef-log2.patch

That header is on the native system, not part of mingw-cross-env - so
the patch isn't necessary.

The metis Makefile has to be modified to use the cross build tools.
However, it's probably cleaner to build metis alongside suitesparse
since suitesparse looks for it in a non-standard location.

Suitesparse needs similar modifications, however it has linking errors
using the BLAS from GSL. CHOLMOD seems to build ok, however I doubt
it's actually working since it doesn't link with any of it's
dependencies and seems to be missing some steps.

> I'm kindly asking you help with this problem, and whether you plan to
> include support of suitesparse in mingw-cross-env ?

I think that depends on getting a working BLAS/LAPACK. I started
having a look at Atlas, but it seems to have a very arcane
configuration.

See if you can use the attached as a starting point, I'm sure they
would be welcome additions once they are working.