Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gd: define required for static linking (NONDL

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gd: define required for static linking (NONDLL)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:06:23 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 16 June 2010 10:26, Natalie Tasman <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'm getting link errors with gd which look like dynamic
> > implementations are expect for the static library.
> >
> > I checked i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config, but it seems that gd doesn't use
> > packageconfig (no corresponding .pc file.)
>
> It seems to use it's own gdlib-config which you'll find in
> usr/$(TARGET)/bin. The --cflags option should return -DNONDLL.

Does "gdlib-config --libs" (or similar) return the complete set
of libraries required to link to gd statically? If not, we should
provide a way without the "-DNONDLL" option, i.e. performing the
mentioned $(SED) hack instead of manipulating gdlib-config.

In order to figure that out, it would be great to have simple
test programm as we had for libarchive.

That way, we could ensure that "gdlib-config" will always be
sufficient, now as well as in future versions.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR