Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.7 (help wanted)

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.7 (help wanted)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:23:41 +0200

That look like a good way to do that, if that's really what should be done.
What about my doubts about whether reordering the search path is the correct
approach?

-It's probably correct to have the gcc include directory *before* the mingw
include directory anyway.
Reading a little more, you're probably right. You want to find C std
library files from the compiler first - unless you really want
otherwise. I wonder why Qt does it this way?

I should add that I don't actually know if Qt was responsible for arranging the search path.. I haven't investigated the gcc package from mingw for that version. Maybe it has this property too.

The patch, however, will do roughly the same thing (if I read it
correctly) - cause any reference to lib/gcc/*/float.h to include
/usr/$(TARGET)/include/float.h instead.

Yes, but here the hack is more finely tuned. It only affects float.h.

I guess we could try and see if anything else breaks.

The whole development version of mingw-cross-env builds fine for me.

-Mark