Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-arc

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] fix for building Qt on Mac with "-arch windows"
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:45:41 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 27 May 2010 18:54, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >> Also could consider switching to http URL and/or lzma, which is more
> >> compact than .tar.gz.
> >
> > Indeed, but it would add another system requirement, or we'd have
> > to build an own lzma version. I'd like to avoid that kind of stuff
> > as long as possible.
[...]
> We could try something like the attached, a very minimal build of the
> lzma decoders that are installed in usr/bin with the i686-pc-mingw32
> prefix so as not to interfere with the normal environment.
>
> I haven't tested it fully, just playing with ideas.

That's a nice idea, but I don't think we should create dummy packages
"just in case". It would be cleaner to add it to the requirements
and provide the "./configure && make" instructions only for those
systems which don't provide an Xz package.

However, I'll come back to your idea when a real need for xz/lzma
arises. Then we'll know for sure whether Xz still a niche or whether
most distributions provide proper packages for it. At the moment it's
simply too early to make a decision about it. Xz is neither required
not widespread enough.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR