Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package gtk

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] upgrade package gtk
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:58:30 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> We should probably just wait unless there is a pressing need to move to
> the gtk3 (beta?) branch now. For one thing, librsvg does not build with
> gtk 2.90.0.

Okay, so let's ignore the >= 2.90.0 releases of GTK for now.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/eced8ceae1e1

I also corrected the version recognition of glib:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/7e41ae71e72b

> By the way, once I typed by accident:
>
>     i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config --cflags glib
>
> to which the answer was:
>
>     sh: glib-config: command not found
>     sh: glib-config: command not found
>     sh: glib-config: command not found
>
> It this unexpected?

That's an interesting discovery. I didn't know about that
special behaviour. However, it seems that this has nothing
to do with mingw-cross-env or the Glib package. It semms to
be hard coded into the pkg-config tool:

    $ pkg-config --cflags glib

    sh: glib-config: command not found
    sh: glib-config: command not found
    sh: glib-config: command not found

But I'm not sure about the reason for that strange behaviour.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR