Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Solving the Pthreads issue
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:05:28 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On 8 May 2010 00:59, Gregory Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I asked about OpenMP and would be happy to write a simple test program. I
> > may not get to it right away, though. Also, I do not understand the static
> > pthread deadlock in detail, so I'm not sure how helpful that test program
> > will be. If you just want to test that OpenMP is operable, I can do that.
>
> I found this snippet at the OpenMP site[1]:
>
> #include <omp.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main() {
> #pragma omp parallel
> printf("Hello from thread %d, nthreads %d\n", omp_get_thread_num(),
> omp_get_num_threads());
> }

Nice!

> It compiles and runs in Linux with:
>
> gcc -fopenmp hello.c -o hello.exe -lgomp -lpthread -static
>
> The same using the cross-gcc compiles but doesn't run in Windows, and
> there's no sensible error message.

What do you get if you run it under Wine?

Do you see the "err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection" messages
that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread?

And what about the "-static" option? Is it really needed to
compile the test program? What happens if you remove it?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR