Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: GCC 4.5 (was URL problems)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: GCC 4.5 (was URL problems)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:05:52 +1000

On 29 April 2010 08:42, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Succeeds on FreeBSD, OSX and Ubuntu.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Building on 64 bit opensuse Linux also succeeds with your OSG and GCC 4.5
> patches.
>
> By the way, rumor has it that Qt 7 will use GCC 4.5.  There are also reports
> of success with Qt 4.6.2 and GCC 4.5 on Linux. We're on our own with Qt
> 4.6.2 and GCC 4.5 on MInGW, but at least it's not known not to work.

What's your take on the sort of problems there might be (given that
you'll probably be the one to fix them)? The build and demos seem to
work ok, is there anything else we can check?

I noticed a few weeks ago that Qt 4.7 was working with mingw-w64 [1],
though it doesn't mention the compiler.

Tony

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=45361FFE-0400-4B4A-AD14-CED8D09EF6E4%40gmail.com&forum_name=mingw-w64-public