Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] sdl_mixer Mix_InitAudio won't run

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] sdl_mixer Mix_InitAudio won't run
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:15:11 +0200

hans <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I've been trying to get a cross compiling environment with SDL including
> SDL_Mixer with ogg support, and I've found that your script has been the
> most successful, since test programs actually compile. However, when I
> run the program either in wine or windows, it seems to stop working at
> the first call of Mix_InitAudio. This is what wine reports:
>
> ###
> err:menubuilder:WinMain unknown option -a
> err:menubuilder:WinMain unknown option -r
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0080: stub!
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"04090409", 0001: stub!
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x569fc0 "?" wait timed out
> in thread 0009, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
> ###

This seems to be a dead-lock, i.e. a bug with thread safety and/or
threading support. I saw similar problems with other libraries.

I think it might be caused by the pthreads-w32 library, but I'm
not sure whether this is the real cause.

I even thought about dropping the pthreads-w32 package entirely from
mingw-cross-env, but that doesn't make sense unless we know for sure
that this is really the cause of our trouble.

Maybe it helps to reconfigure SDL to use the win32 API directly
instead of using the pthreads library, but especially SDL seems
not to use pthreads for win32 anyway.

It would be great if someone could further investigate this issue,
as there are many packages which would benefit from a proper solution
to this problem.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR