Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeBSD/Flex doc update

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeBSD/Flex doc update
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:20:30 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> A small doc update as GStreamer requires Flex version >= 2.5.31 and
> the version in FreeBSD base system is too old.

Ouch. Does that mean we it is impossible to build the complete
mingw-cross-env on FreeBSD?

Isn't there a nicer solution, such as building GStreamer in a
way that it doesn't require Flex?

In most cases, Flex is called when some file timestamps are
messed up. Most packages already provide the C code generated
by Flex in their source tarball. Is this true for GStreamer, too?
Or is GStreamer really an exception to this?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR