[Mingw-cross-env-list] gettext, gnulib and multiples definitions of prin

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gettext, gnulib and multiples definitions of printf
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 05:12:28 -0300

Hello,

I'm using mingw-cross-env to compile a software which uses both gettext
and gnulib.

Since mingw doesn't have a printf bundle with it, gettext compiles its
own version of printf. This can be seen here:

gettext-runtime/intl/printf.c:75
#if defined __MINGW32__
# define libintl_printf __printf__
#endif

The problem is that gnulib also defines printf. So I can't compile the
software, because I get an error due to multiples definitions of printf.

I must use gnulib's printf and there is no a way ( and maybe its not a
good solution) to not compile gettext's printf. So, how do I tell
configure that I want to use gnulib's printf, not gettext's one?