Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeTDS news
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 03:03:30 +0100

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Just wanted to let you know there was a patch yesterday for FreeTDS
> introducing SSPI support [...]  I'd like to make this available in
> mingw-cross-env. It's not easy to do that right now because FreeTDS does
> not produce frequent tarballs or frequent releases. I posted a note on
> the list there asking about this.

Is it possible to backport exactly that feature into the latest
stable release? That would enable us to ship this feature without
introducing any other stuff that happened since their last release.

> It makes me wonder about having mingw-cross-env provide package tarballs
> itself in such circumstances or maybe having the "download" makefile
> target get sources from CVS and build the desired tarball.  Maybe this
> won't be necessary.

I hesitate to add version control systems to the list of requirements.
Currently, we have packages where we even skip versions (tp, alpha,
beta), which is quite the opposite of using "bleeding edge" versions.

Having more (maybe beta-) releases of FreeTDS would be definitively
a much cleaner solution than accessing their current development
version.

However, in the unlikely case that we'll have to use CVS, we should
also add at least Subversion, Mercurial and Git, Darcs to the list
of requirements.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR