Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OSX 10.6 workarounds

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] OSX 10.6 workarounds
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:21:20 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> 2009/11/11 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>:
> > Maybe the patch is not needed? What happens to the GCC build
> > if you leave it out and just fix Binutils? What error messages
> > to you get?
>
> Without the patch, gcc fails with this error:
>
> ld: duplicate symbol _init_inline_once in libbackend.a(tree-inline.o)
> and tree-inline.o
>
> It seems to be more related to ld being overly strict, and is only
> required for gcc-4.4.0 - it's fixed in later versions.

Okay, I included the patch. Let's hope we can drop it in
future versions.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/7969882a932c

BTW, there are already TDM patches for gcc-4.4.1, but I
wasn't able to get them to work. In the meantime we updated
Binutils, but GCC-4.4.1 still doesn't work. It fails with:

    configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.

I attached a patch to switch from GCC 4.4.0 to 4.4.1, in
case anyone likes to work on that issue.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR