Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdb support

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gdb support
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:38:55 +0200

Mark de Wever <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I created a package for gdb and was wondering whether there's interest
> in such a package.

That sounds interesting, but what is the difference to the
GDB installer provided by the MinGW project?
http://downloads.sf.net/mingw/files/gdb-5.2.1-1.exe

> I created this package in order to avoid installing MinGW/MSYS on Windows.

The GDB installer is completely independent of MinGW/MSYS.
It installs just a stand-alone "gdb.exe" and some docs.

> With the package it's directly in my cross
> compiled tree and can easily be copied to a Windows machine.

If you need the plain gdb.exe, just run the installer under
Wine and take the file "~/.wine/drive_c/mingw/bin/gdb.exe".

I agree that a binary package like "gdb-5.2.1-bin.tar.bz2"
would be nicer, but is that shortcoming really worth the
effort of compiling one's own gdb.exe?

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR