[Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm support

From: Mark de Wever
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtkmm support
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:27:02 +0200

Hi,

For a project I'm working I use gtkmm [1]. I've been working on getting mingw-cross-env to compile the gtkmm libraries. I haven't been able to create static libraries, but I managed to create shared libraries. For those shared libraries I also created shared libraries of some existing packages.

I wrote Volker whether he was interested in those shared libraries and what would be the best way to integrate them with mingw-cross-env. He asked me to repost the question on this mailing list in order to get a public discussion.

In order to integrate them I proposed to create package foo-shared for the existing packages and let that package depend on package bar-shared. This leaves the static packages untouched and adds the shared packages as option. For the new gtkmm packages, for which there won't be static versions I still want to use the -shared prefix to keep things clear for the user.

[1] http://www.gtkmm.org/

Regards,
Mark de Wever