mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] about generating value file

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] about generating value file
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:39:23 +0200

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. If your
problem is accessing data from SNMP tables, these OIDs
cannot be generated in all cases. First, we don't know
the length of the table. And secondly, the table indices
are sometimes not just simple positional integers, but
more complex data structures (like IP addresses or
similar).

For these reasons, the MibbleBrowser uses GET NEXT when
stepping through a MIB with an SNMP device. By using
this you can find the actual number of rows in a table
and all the data in it. Also, you'll be able to see the
OID structure for the particular cases you are
interested in.

Cheers,

/Per

achraf.mabrouk wrote:
Hi all,

 I have a MIBs (IF-MIB, SNMP-V2 ,RFC12-13) I want generate for each OID a set of
OID.<instance>.<value> by respecting the syntax for each OID.
exp:
 (ifIndex).<instance>.<value>
  1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.2001.2001
  1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.2002.2002