[GMG-Devel] Adding a plugin template without changing the MediaGoblin fi

From: Adrián Isaías González Ceja
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Adding a plugin template without changing the MediaGoblin files
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 12:26:55 -0600

Hi devel community

I'm working on an HTML select plugin that I want to place it on the media_sidebar, what I've done is put the template_hook in  mediagoblin/templates/mediagoblin/user_pages/media.html:

    {% if media.tags %}
      {% include "mediagoblin/utils/tags.html" %}
    {% endif %}

    {% include "mediagoblin/utils/collections.html" %}

    {% template_hook("sizeselector") %}

    {% if app_config.allow_reporting %}
      {% include "mediagoblin/utils/report.html" %}
    {% endif %}

My question is, is it possible to set it automatically on the media_sidebar while I register the template on the __init__.py of the plugin? the plugin is working and I have no problem with it but I want it to work without modifying the core files.

Thank you so much in advance and my best regards, Adrián.