[GMG-Devel] Regarding GSoC 2017

From: Vijeth T Aradhya
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Regarding GSoC 2017
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 14:27:21 +0530

Hi all,

I noticed that GNU MediaGoblin was a part of GSoC 2016 under the umbrella organization GNU. I'm interested in applying for GSoC this year, and it'd be really nice if I could do it with GNU as my first ever contribution was noticing an existing bug and fixing a non-trivial issue (>=15 lines, had to sign an assignment form) in GNU wget. That's how I got started with open source! Now I love the idea, and I contribute to other communities as well :)

I have submitted patches here as well, but they haven't been reviewed yet (except one which was reviewed by ayleph and was happy with the changes :D)

My primary question is, will MediaGoblin be a part of GSoC again this year?

If yes,

1) Are there any active projects that I could take up?
2) How many slots will be there, since it is a part of an umbrella organization?
3) Are there people wanting to be mentors this year?
4) Can I discuss about any new projects as well?

If no,

I'd love to stick around and help the community as much as I can!
Either way, I get to learn a lot :)

Eagerly waiting for a reply!
Thank you,
Vijeth Aradhya
Undergraduate Sophomore,
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad