[GMG-Devel] Transcoding quality

From: Tommy Huber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Transcoding quality
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 02:50:44 +0000

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask for support.

I have set up mediagoblin successfully but I can’t figure out how to get a decent quality video up. After the automatic transcoding into webm it looks really bad.

I already found the mediagoblin/media_types/video/config_spec.ini and changed vp8_quality to 10 but that seems to not make a big difference.

I was able to transcode a video into webm with decent quality myself and upload it which skipped the transcoding but unfortunately the layout seems to be all messed up.

The container for the video seems to have a height of 1080 (like the original video) while the width is fine (640 like on the transcoded video)

So is there any way to A) Configure transcoding to use a higher quality or B) fix the layout problem?

Thanks very much in advance, any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tommy