Re: [GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin

From: Matt Molyneaux
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:47:37 +0000

On 23 Feb 2016 21:39, "Tom Fay" <address@hidden> wrote:

> There's a bit of similarity between the two, insofar as they both make a whoosh index and write documents to it...

Does anyone know how well whoosh scales with concurrent reads/writes?

A brief flick through the docs suggests that an entire index is locked when updating an index (rather than just when stuff is being written to disk) -  not sure I like the sound of that.

There's also the issue of how this would work when the web app and celery are on different hosts. How do you imagine that working?

Thanks,