[GMG-Devel] LDAP Integration

From: Sebastian Hugentobler
Subject: [GMG-Devel] LDAP Integration
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:58:38 +0100

Hi all

I patched the ldap integration for my needs and now I'd like to know if
there is interest to merge it back. As I am inexperienced with ldap it
would not hurt if someone with more knowledge could take a look at the
changes :) (especially concerning security implications of which I am
ignorant).

There are some new config keys:

- LDAP_USER_ATTRIBUTE: was hardcoded as *uid*, should fix issue #924 (I
hope I got the correct issue). Mandatory.

- LDAP_UID_SEARCH_FIELD: take the username from this attribute. I needed
this when I used email addresses as login names. Optional.

- LDAP_USER_FILTER: an ldap filter. I use this to determine group
membership. Optional.

How I am using it: I've got an openldap server which I use for owncloud,
email, git and prosody authentication (and now for mediagoblin too).
Whether a user has access to one of the services is determined by group
membership.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Sebastian

--