[GMG-Devel] Python 3 support merged! Master unfrozen, but semi-unstable

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Python 3 support merged! Master unfrozen, but semi-unstable!
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:58:52 -0500

Hello all!

I'm happy to say that Python 3 support has been merged into MediaGoblin
master!  I'm very excited about all this! :)  This also means that
master is now unfrozen, and we're free to commit things again.

Unfortunately, there's a downside to this also... there are some edge
cases that probably are a bit iffy, and there's a good chance that some
of the docs now need to be updated.  So, if running a site:
 - If you want stability, please run 0.7.1
 - If you want to help us test things out, please run git master!
   Things should be *mostly* stable at this point... tests are passing,
   but there are surely edge cases.  If you're interested in helping us
   with them though... ;)
 - Also, please note that python2.7 should continue to work with
   MediaGoblin, but python2.6 is probably broken, at least for now.
   It's not clear if it'll be updated by release.  But keep that in
   mind.  (Python 3.3 now works though!)

Woohoo!  Thank you again Berker Peksag for all your hard work on making
Python 3 support this summer happen, and for Alon Levy for mentoring.
I'm very excited to have this in... this is a major milestone for
MediaGoblin!

 - Christopher Allan Webber