[GMG-Devel] git master freeze (0.7.1 coming up, py3 merge)

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] git master freeze (0.7.1 coming up, py3 merge)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:51:44 -0500

Hello all,

Git master is about to freeze for the next few days.  There are two big
things coming up:

 - I'm releasing 0.7.1 hopefully today, which will contain a couple of
   important fixes, most importantly fixing "seemingly random" database
   errors people have been having which are related to transaction
   issues.
 - Immediately after that, Berker's Python 3 branch will be merged into
   master!  Yay!

Then things will unfreeze, and instead will turn potentially a bit
chaotic :)

Tests are passing for both python2 and python3 in the python 3 branch,
but there may be some things that need fixing that we haven't caught.
Additionally, there is a new migration system... I might disable it
temporarily on merge, until we make sure everything is working right
with it, but it will be enabled by the time 0.8.0 comes out.

Okay, that's it!  We should unfreeze very shortly.

 - Chris