Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin multi-file upload braindump/plans

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] MediaGoblin multi-file upload braindump/plans
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:53:12 -0800

On 11/08/2013 02:44 PM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Braindump time!  Complete with ascii art!  It's been a while,
> right? :)
...snip...
> Anyway, that's it for now.  What do people think?  Does it make sense?
> Feedback is welcome!

I don't have any useful feedback to offer, but I think the concept of
multiple uploads as presented sounds awesome! The ascii art mockup
actually looks really good, and the articulated loader design was rather
slick. This would be a really cool feature.

Thanks for bringing up the point of keeping a no-js submit tool. Since I
browse much of the web with js blocked, I really like the idea of
keeping a site functional for others who do the same.

And a CLI interface? That would be amazing. I've got ~1700 images on a
personal instance, and you can probably imagine I've spent a lot of time
browsing for files and clicking around to upload them. I'd love to be
able to script batch uploads in the future.

--
ayleph