Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Modernize MapOSMatic

From: Étienne Loks
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Modernize MapOSMatic
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:19:47 +0100

Le 10/11/2016 à 19:20, Hartmut Holzgraefe a écrit :
I've merged your changes into my own fork, an created a separate
"mapnik3" branch

I have forked your ocitysmap repo on my github account to simplify our
work (because I love diversity - I also keep it sync my gitlab repo)

It mostly works as expected, but there's one glitch here,
font sizes for labels seem to be wrong in CartoOSM output:

http://www.osm-baustelle.de/test-CartoOSM.png

The strange part about this is that it only affects the
default OSM style, but none of the other style sheets I'm testing
with. Especially the German Carto style does still work fine, even
though it is based on the CartoOSM style ...

Any idea what could be causing this? Missing fonts maybe, with a
bad replacement font being picked?

This is the complete list of packages that I'm installing:

https://github.com/hholzgra/maposmatic-vagrant/blob/mapnik3/inc/install-packages.sh

Maybe you can spot something that's missing?

I have put my installation process inside this file:

https://github.com/Nimn/ocitysmap/blob/mapnik3/INSTALL.Ubuntu.md

I have not yet tested with your work. Have you introduced new
dependencies?

The main difference with your dependency list is that I am
installing CartoOSM with the deb package (wonderful Debian!).
The missing fonts for your vagrant conf should be listed here:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/openstreetmap-carto-common

Regards,

--
Étienne Loks